PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Integrate: Learn and understand the business strategies and their respective operations.
Team Leadership: Able to lead an FP&A team
- Lead the preparation of the Annual Budget, four-year long range business plan, and related monthly and quarterly forecasts for Japan and HQ
- Continuous review of P&L, and Balance sheet accounts to identify risks and opportunities: Revenue, Cost of goods sold, Marketing and Operating expenses, and Distributor (Herbalife Business Operator) bonus; Inventory, Prepaid and liability accounts
- Architect and issue strategic financial and operating reporting that highlights key metrics and focuses on fiscal performance.
Architect, review, and present financial analysis and recommendations to leadership, in order to support informed business decision-making. Such analysis will evaluate both pre and post implementation, and include the identification of KPIs for key business initiatives.
- Inventory portfolio optimization: US and Japan sourced new product development & Product discontinuation
- Sales forecasting
- Marketing programs
- Unique Distributor bonus solutions
- Capital expenditures,
- Headcount allocation
- Working Capital
- Identify, develop and facilitate financial processes and improvements in a growing international matrix environment.
- Leverage information technology and the shared service center, to automate, streamline, and integrate financial processes.
- Identify internal and external trends and developments which add value to improve profitability, including evaluation of KPIs and management dashboards
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related business concentration
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in financial/business planning and analysis
- Minimum 10 years at an International matrix organization
- Minimum 4 continuous years at one organization
- Leadership of minimum 5 staff, including goal setting and evaluation
- Ability to think strategically and understand broad view with excellent business acumen inside and outside the company.
- Experience with a shared service physically located outside of Japan
- Project Management skills: Strong planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Written and Verbal communication and interpersonal skills in a fast paced international matrix environment
- Effective presentation skills: Creating and presenting concise messages to business partners and company employees
- Business English
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within deadline
- Team player: Strong ability to build relationships at the senior level internally and with customers in an international matrix organization.
- Positive attitude to oneself, the team and the Company to achieve full potential
- Retail Sales
- Microsoft Office: Excel, including creating Macros and PIVOT Tables; Access, including creating tables; Word and Powerpoint
- SAP, implementation experience preferred